Final Ruling Awaited in Kuwait Death Sentence for Insulting Islam: Kuwait's ruler has rejected a bill passed by parliament on June 6 that would approve the death penalty for Muslims who insult Islam, but the decision could be ultimately overridden by the elected assembly if they pass it again with a two-thirds majority vote, ASSIST News Service reports. The bill, initially passed by an overwhelming majority in parliament on May 3, also stipulates that Christians and other non-Muslims will be given a minimum prison sentence of 10 years for the same offense. According to International Christian Concern, such blasphemy laws, which are increasingly being enforced and expanded, are the greatest threat toward religious minorities, especially Christians, throughout the Middle East. "The so-called 'Arab Spring' ... is now giving rise to another form of tyranny -- Islamist-dominated governments that criminalize blasphemy to silence dissidents and stifle freedom of speech and worship," said Aidan Clay of ICC. "These laws will embolden radical Muslims to commit violent acts against perceived blasphemers, which, inevitably, will primarily target the Christian community and non-Sunni Muslim minorities whose beliefs are deemed unorthodox." Anna Mahjar-Barducci of the Gatestone Institute wrote: "The Kuwait parliament seems to be seriously intending to bring Kuwait back to the Middle Ages. As well as introducing the death penalty for blasphemy, the Kuwaiti MPs have suggested banning swimsuits and requiring women to wear headscarves in public."
"In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists." -- Eric Hoffer
"There is only one remedy for ignorance and thoughtlessness, and that is literacy. Millions and millions of children would today stand in no need of sex education or consumer education or anti-racism education or any of those fake educations, if they had had in the first place 'an' education." -- Richard Mitchell
Important & Popular Tweets
- ACTION Senate GOP Must Oppose Radical Andrew Hurwitz for 9th Circuit
- INCREDIBLE Indictment! Must Read: Obama Has Signed 923 Executive Orders In 40 Months
- Rugged Individualism Fades from National Character - Stalin & Mao once ordered John Wayne's assasination!
- Must Read! Transformation of American Democracy: Roosevelt, 1912 Election, and the Progressive Party
- RINOs Romp Again! Why are Republicans supporting welfare for the rich?
- 'Obama Girl' is 'not as excited' about 2012, won't endorse Obama
- Psalm 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”