ONLY 22% of the USA Believe Our Government Has Consent of the Governed:One of the central tenets of the Declaration of Independence is that governments derive “their just powers from the consent of the governed.” Only 22% of the nation’s likely voters believe the government today has such consent.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds a wide partisan gap on the question. Democrats are evenly divided as to whether or not the government has the consent needed for legitimacy. Only eight percent (8%) Republicans and 21% of unaffiliated voters believe it does.
Romney Rolls on Rasmussen Poll : Glenn Reynolds reminds us, “Don’t get cocky.” Also, it’s early. Very early. Nevertheless, Mitt Romney seems to be trending upwards, perhaps significantly, on Rasmussen’s closely watched Daily Presidential Tracking Poll. Today shows Mitt ahead 48% to 43% for the second day in a row.
Rasmussen tracks likely voters, making this paragraph especially interesting: Interest in the campaign is often a good indicator of turnout. Forty-three percent (43%) of Republican voters are following the campaign on a daily or nearly daily basis. Thirty-six percent (36%) of Democrats are doing the same, along with 32% of those not affiliated with either major party.
Popular Tweets & Quotes
- Congratulations to President Obama For Completing a Record-Setting 101st Round of Golf Today http://t.co/XjZ6LD71
- OH, oh! Video proves Obama knew about Fast and`Furious in 2009 - No wonder he invoked executive privilege http://t.co/oXM1a4Yo
- RINO Watch! Five GOP Senators Voted to Help the EPA Kill the Coal Industry http://t.co/OyzIVln2
- What's it take to fire a teacher? NC Student Who Videotaped Pro-Obama Screaming Teacher Faces Harassment http://t.co/2hlNGaFm
- An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
- "I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." Winston Churchill